Thursday, February 19, 2009

My Queen (taiwanese drama)

This drama is actually incomplete but i was tempted by the title so i clicked on it. And i liked the short summary as well and so decided to give it a go. It didn't disappoint me. In fact, i can't wait for more episodes to be uploaded. It seems to be a new drama as the film date says january and this series stars ethan ruan and cheryl yang.
Our main lady is really touchy regarding her age. She's 33. She meets our main hero through a series of events and is even more pissed off when she finds out that he's 8 years her junior. He's 25^_^ Also, our lady being a really tough nut to crack, she's really fierce, capable, competitive and all, it's easy to say that she's not really that well liked.
I decided to watch this series mainly because it's nice to see a younger guy liking an older lady. Pure love^_^(romantic heart speaking here) Both the leads do justice to their roles. I have to admit initially, I didn't really like the actress as I didn't really know her that well. I had just heard of her name but after watching this, she did the role nicely i felt. I didn't like her character's behaviour at first too, she thought she was the best and didn't think about others' feelings. but she seems to gradually change due to the 'lil devil' as she thinks of him hehe
Well, i guess there are many more episodes to come as well as obstacles to their 'growing love' in the future. tht's what a drama is all about. jus click on the title on my blog if you're interested.

7 comments:

  1. this drama is really gooodd ! (:
    you dont know how cute and sweet it is until you've actually watch it !
    RECOMENDED ~~ ^-^

    ReplyDelete
  2. have you watched dal ja's spring? it's a korean drama which has the same characters (according to the synopsis), a 33 year old woman - also competitive and harworking and this time, a 27 year old man - a simple, regular guy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's nearin the end now, and i just finished the latest updated eps just now.
    i have heard of dal ja's spring but not watched it yet, i skipped it though i don't really know why, hehe i'll give it a look again when i'm free. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGAH!!
    My queen is toooo good!
    I do admit it gets laggy around some later episodes. But not that so much.

    But the storyline is pretty well written.

    It's more realistic and sophistcated, story wise, compared to the previous drama the same producer has produced - who is currently the screen writer for My Queen.

    I think the whole drama has such a smart and witty humor which makes it more interesting and likeable.

    If you like lighthearted dramas then you will probably enjoy this.

    Don't miss out so WATCH IT! =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. i definitely have to agree with you there anonymous. my queen really is good with its smart and witty humor. but i don't know about the producer's other dramas. probably because i tend not to notice those details ehehe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been tempted to comment online on a drama/film before I watched My Queen. The acting of all the cast members were OUTSTANDING. I have actually stopped watching Taiwanese drama for a few years already because of the poor acting or draggy storyline until I chanced on this show on TV.

    My Queen has a solid & funny storyline that tugged at my heartstrings for most parts of the episodes. The later part was abit draggy but not too much. Truely enjoyable, believable with solid performance by all the cast members.
    HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!! You won't regret it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow really well said there. i couldn't have said it better. yea, anyone watching this won't regret it. it really is entertaining.

    ReplyDelete